WORK FOR US
Would you love to write for Gentleman’s Division? In order to create an article that we can post easily and matches with what our readers want we have created some guidelines (which we will provide you). Please do not see them as restrictive but as a clear framework in which both Gentleman’s Division and you can benefit from getting content online quick.
Gentleman’s Division is a creation of visual image and emerging trends. It is a wholly independent publisher of online menswear‚ fashion trends and lifestyle news and based in Manchester, UK. Our site covers the latest in new and emerging trends and products in the world of menswear fashion, accessories, trends, design, and much more.
What to Write about
Our Core focus is: Men Trends, Street Style, Brands Look book, Men’s Health-Fitness, Men’s grooming.
Why Joining GD?
It can be a big boost for you as a writer/creative in terms of exposure and a work portfolio to show potential employees.
Our site operates and attracts visitors on a global scale, meaning it is one of the greatest personal ads you could ever place for yourself.
We are looking for fashion minded individuals who would like to join our editorial team or guest contribute on a consistent and regular basis. You have to be passionate about fashion, the industry, also we have grooming, entertainment and lifestyle sections. If you have your own unique take on style then feel free to contact us, because you could potentially have your ideas and articles published to a worldwide audience.
It can be a great drive if you want to break into the fashion industry, being a creative or a writer.
There are no geographical limits on our editorial team. We don’t have one physical office location, so you will be able to contribute from your residence.
To resume, we accept applications for writers from across the globe, it is not required to be UK based.
Sound interesting? Get in touch via our contact form
The Street Style
Our street style gallery is one of our most popular and engaging tools on our website. This section is a library of fashionable men from all over the world. We also are open to all photographers and stylists to contribute on this section, from any part of the globe.
What are the requirements? Simple:
- A good camera or a digital SLR.
- Basic knowledge in editing digital photographs is beneficial but not required. Simple resizing, cropping and basic touch-ups will help list the photographs quickly and efficiently.
- An eye for a good outfit – To look beyond the usual and see all great details.
- Be Passionate and not shy. Don’t be scared of approaching the person (in a good manner) and have a great “photo-shoot session”
All pictures are posted on a weekly basis, so more exposure and works are available all the time.
All photographers have their name, logo and website link listed on every single photo they produce. We also feature the very best photos each week on our social networking pages.
If interested, Get in touch via …
Highly engaging content
All Post should have Introduction, Main body of the post, Look book of the style you talking about and key piece of the look book (where readers can find the garment on the high street store)
- We only accept original content; it should not be published elsewhere on the Internet
- Do not publish the content somewhere on the Internet once it has been published on Gentleman’s Division
- Article length should be a minimum of 500 words with a maximum of about 1000 words.
- Post title should have the keyword(s) that you want your readers to notice
- Post title should 7-10 word long and should make the reader want to be curious to read more.
Gentleman’s Division is heavily image based so please supply 6-10 images with your post.
- Article images should be 900 W / 600 H pixel
- File size should not exceed 600kb as we need image to load fast – If you do not know how to reduce image file size don’t worry we can do it.
- If you know who owns the image please send a credit of the photographer – name and link if possible.
The featured image is the first image we use for the post.
- Featured Image must match the title of the post.
- Featured Image size is 630 x 350 pixels.
- The file size should not exceed 50kb – If you do not know how to reduce image file size don’t worry we can do it.
Lets Get Started
That is it with our guidelines; we hope to have you soon on board as part of our team. We find that the following article is a must read if you want to become an exceptional guest poster.